View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013   #155
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak Collapses at the half

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Spot on. Barring a medical prognosis prohibiting him from coaching, firing Kubiak discussions are now moot. If able, he will be back.

Having a medical condition midseason shouldn't save someone's job if they were not cutting it prior to that condition. People need to be able to separate personal life from work. Why would you set your organization back (once again imho) because you feel sorry for someone. If he is able to come back sometime this season that would be fantastic. It would mean he is doing well health wise. I am all for Kubiak finishing out the season. He would have had he not had a stroke.

I don't like Kubiak as a head coach and I have been saying it for years. But I can separate those feelings and say I truly wish Kubiak a speedy recovery and want him to live a long and fruitful life. He really seems like a good man and is well liked. But I can also say I don't want him back coaching the Texans next year.

I've always maintained that Gary is a good offensive coordinator. I think the same thing about Phillips as defensive coordinator. Neither are great head coaches. Nothing wrong with that.