View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013   #40
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81923 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: BADBOY'S Bye week mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post
I was always one of those guys who thought mitchel was to small to hold the nose. He hasn't been abysmal and I like his quicks off the ball (at least what we saw early on in his career. ) The nose has neutered his speed and leverage advantage to some degree I think. If we're gonna go in a different direction at nose next year let's try him out at de where ninja is. Chances are we can't afford antonio anyway so why not? Earl's been miscast from the get go...
Mitchell would definitely be better out where Ninja is. Mitchell is essentially a 3' technique talent that's being miscast as a NT and Smith basically played a 3' tech until this year. The problem is both are UFA's and we aren't likely to re-sign both of them. If we can bring one back for that position and bring in a NT then we should be okay.

I've never agreed with the "get a fat guy in there" logic though. It does a disservice to Wade's scheme. Jay Ratliff was a borderline dominant NT for Wade in Dallas and he barely weighed 300 lbs.

You need a guy who is strong enough to hold down doubles, athletic enough to one-gap, and just plain good enough to do both of those while collapsing the pocket. Louis Nix is all of those.

- The Immortal Bo

Last edited by WolverineFan; 11-06-2013 at 05:52 PM.
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote