View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013   #74
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dre's Recent TD Success - Opinions Wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I doubt there are any who played with a QB that never made the Pro Bowl or had a good year. Even Matt Schaub made a couple Pro Bowls. But to the heart of your question, Largent comes to mind.

EDIT - Looks like Dave Krieg never made a Pro Bowl. He never led the league in passing yardage or TDs, but did lead in INTs and fumbles a couple times each. Jim Zorn also quarterbacked for some of Largent's career and was equally unimpressive. So maybe Largent is the best example. But he had 100 TDs in 14 years. AJ has 59 through 10.5 games.
On pro bowls I meant voted in to be one of the guys who goes without someone being injured or refusing to go. Schaub has none on that basis.

Krieg was a 3 time pro bowler ('84, '88 and '89) according to pro-football-reference.

I was really referring to those AJ may come up against but Largent is a good argument for him. Largent is already in the hall. He led the league in receiving twice. He did not have spectacular QB play. At this point in his career he had 80 TD's.

Compare TO. Never led the league. 3 seasons with pro bowler and hall member Steve Young, 3 seasons when Garcia went to the pro bowl, 1 season with McNabb in the pro bowl and 2 with Romo. 9 seasons total. That's a big leg up.