View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013   #178
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where to spend the 2014 1st round pick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I have started working a bit different than some who mock by filling in back up or lesser needs first. For example, I see Ed Reed being replaced by Swearinger and Manning if healthy will be in last contract year 2014 so we draft Marqueston Huff Wyoming who was a 3 year corner who moved to safety this year. To answer your question, we have needs almost everywhere but some can be resolved without panic by using lower rounds and focusing on priority needs in top 4 rounds. Issue of course is posters rarely agree what is priority plus if I decide to take care of RT by selecting Tennessee's JuWuan James who is right under the first rounders, he better be there. Still that is the fun.
Case Keenum and "priority" are the 2 biggest questions we've got right now. Making a priority list is the easy part, though no 2 people will have their priorities in the same order or ever be able to agree on one. Unfortunately nothing can be solidified right now because of the huge ? at QB. IMO, even if Keenum plays lights out this season and the Texans decide to give him next year as well, there needs to be a good/decent backup most likely taken in the 2nd round because we can't hope or take the chance that someone good/decent will fall to the 3rd. I like Murray in the 2nd and could even take McCarron in the 2nd, though he doesn't wow me, just because we can't wait til the 3rd and just hope that he'll still be there. Remember this years draft when we waited a little for an ILB and tried to get max. value at the position and came away with nothing. Not all teams prioritize players like we do, which really makes me question our scouting dept. as well. This team has also got to quit taking so many chances with 3rd round picks by taking risky/maybe/injured/project players. 3rd round picks form the heart and soul of your team and we've got to quit wasting them.

Last edited by Wolf6151; 11-07-2013 at 04:14 PM.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote