View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013   #20
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 33391 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cheering and Throwing Ice ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by deucetx View Post
Have to agree. Run him out of town why? I love my football, my teams, etc. But I am not going to put it to the point where I want a guy out of town as if he has done wrong for a city. Schaub has given to the community and ran some successful charities. So I have no issue for someone who has been good to our city even if their play sucked on the field. It's not that serious.
Spot on - all he has ever done is give his best for the team, and produced a lot more successfully than any other QB the Texans has had. He's a standup guy by all reports and has never caused a distraction to the team off the field.

The guy can be disliked for the ability that he doesn't have in a professional sense (which is more the fauly of the coaching staff/organisation) - but to run someone out of town, or hurl abuse/ice at him whilst he's standing on the sideline watching someone else lead what used to be his team, knowing that he's likely finished as a starter (which may have been prevented by playing him on IR, letting Case shine and gracefully releasing him at season end) in the NFL is pathetic. Such special treatment should be for people who actaully deserve it - the ones who have the rap sheets and disrespectful attitude to the fans and the city, if ever it should be dished out. Schaub's only crime was not being quite good enough to get them one step further in the playoffs.