View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013   #18
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18754 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cheering and Throwing Ice ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
I blame the team more.. nobody likes to lose their job, it's got to be even worse when you lose your job and aren't allowed a pink slip. The team could've avoided all of this by simply I.R.ing Schaub.

I also wouldn't call him the "definition of a loser". He just is limited in what he can physically do, but he still wants to be out there. Again could have avoided all of it by placing him on I.R. I still appreciate his service to the team.. regardless if he was just a bridge from a horrible QB to a possible franchise QB.
You said it perfectly. They should have done the IR move to save him some face. Yeah, he's struggled and I want him off the roster and give the team to Case as much as anyone. It's not because he's a loser, though. His contract doesn't afford us the luxury of keeping him around as a backup and we could use that money elsewhere. He was a solid starter for this team and helped us go from laughingstocks to SB contenders. The rails fell off this season, but it doesn't feel like 2005. There wasn't a lot of talent on that team. This team has talent. A change at QB and hopefully a change at HC or at least a philosophical adjustment and we have a chance to get back our place next season.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote