View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013   #70
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 28657 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dre's Recent TD Success - Opinions Wanted

I think we witnessed a mixture of things against Indy.

Firstly, Case made some great throws - AJ kept stride and barely had to make an effort to get his TD catches. I've not seen as many long balls thrown as well to him to my memory.

Secondly, I think AJ may have (wrongly) benefited from defenses not taking him as seriously as a threat as they would have 3/4 years ago. Whilst I'm not in a position to relay specifics (I'm far too into the game to make rational analysis afterwards), Andre was far more productive in the first half, and in the second went missing. I'm not sure what changes Indy made in coverage, but I presume they focused on shutting him down.

Thirdly, the first TD was a great run route, but any team who gives up a TD like that is going to be pissed with the coverage. AJ should never have that much space around him on a football field.

I tihnk we'll maybe see a levelling out of AJ's production in the upcoming weeks - however I do like the third TD. Schaub seemed to always revert to throwing to the tight end, where, although the ball was well thrown and it was a relatively easy catch, Case gave AJ a chance to make a play, and to quote someone on this board (I forgot who) he took what he wanted, rather than what the defense were offering him.