View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013   #69
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18754 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dre's Recent TD Success - Opinions Wanted

I don't think you can put Schaub's unwillingness to let 'dre make a play all on him. The QB is an extension of the HC especially in our offense. He isn't allowed to make reads or adjust. He is supposed to run the play that is called and if we execute it will be a positive play. At least that's the theory. I don't believe Kubiak wanted Schaub to take those chances. He is conservative and would rather get the sure 3 (until this season at least) than possibly turn the ball over. Schaub ran Kubiak's offense. He wasn't a field general. He's was a middle manager.

Kubiak feels the pressure. He knows his job is on the line and he is taking the handcuffs off the offense for Keenum. He's giving him liberties that he hasn't given the other QBs recently. That being said, I think Keenum is a better QB at this point anyways regardless of what he is allowed to do. Schaub's skills (he did have some) have eroded quickly and I think the mistakes have effected his psyche as well.

I guess I should at least weigh in on the actual point of the thread now. Andre has still had a great career. I think him playing those years under Capers hurt more than the last few years. WR aren't going to get the majority of red zone looks in this offense. He still is on pace to be one of the top WR in receptions and yards and he's set records for back to back 1,500 yard seasons. He's done everything but score TDs and win the SB. I think QBs should be judged on SB wins more than WRs. Depending on what kind of offense or scheme a great WR can be nothing more than a decoy. I think voters know that he was one of the best at his position over the previous decade. His off the field antics won't hurt him and he's always been a professional (the black Irishman notwithstanding) on the field. He's done enough, but maybe a couple of good years with a different scheme wouldn't hurt.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote