View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013   #132
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 173167 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak Collapses at the half

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
If the doctors give him clearance, I see him coming back to coaching. And no way will McNair fire him after this season, even if the results are 2-14. I could not envision a situation where McNair fires his golden boy after suffering a stroke during the middle of a game.

However, if coaching is directly contributing to Kubiak's condition, I would hope that he makes the 'right' decision for his family, not the franchise, players, or sport he loves. I would assume his family is priority based on what we know about Gary Kubiak. If this is a condition with a percentage chance, I do not think it's worth it, all things considered.

Nobody could, or would, blame him at all for walking away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Spot on. Barring a medical prognosis prohibiting him from coaching, firing Kubiak discussions are now moot. If able, he will be back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Might be the perfect excuse for McNair to move Kubiak to a VP of football operations, allowing him to bring in a new head coach without firing the man. We all know Kubiak is much more than a head coach in this organization, & he's really done a fine job in all aspects of building this organization to what it is...... but, we should be able to find a better head coach.

This is exactly what I was thinking. Bump Kube's upstairs, so to speak. Take the day-to-day stress off his plate. Let him be a "consultant" a la Dan Reeves. Hell, let him pick his successor - or at least compile the list of candidates he'd like to see follow him. Whatever. Just back off, Kubes. Go watch your kids play ball.

Part of me wonders if this is why he can never watch FGs...?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote