View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013   #63
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 357040 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Arian Foster

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I am genuinely curious. A lot of times those types of bonuses are based on whether you're active on game day. Sometimes they're based on other metrics like yards or carries. But I don't think I've ever heard of one based on number of plays. I'd be willing to bet he got the bonus for the past two games.
Foster's bonus is almost certainly triggered by being active on game day.

There are snap count triggered bonuses but they are typically on a per season rather than per game basis.

Claiming Foster is being just ready enough to get a bonus check is naive at best. He doesn't control whether he is active. That is a medical staff/coaching decision and they are used to basically every player say they are ready to go. Having money on the line would only make them more reluctant if anything.