View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013   #173
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 57901 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where to spend the 2014 1st round pick?

Ryan Griffin has looked the part of blocking TE, thought he had one penalty against the Colts, but really helped protection package for Case. really good undrafted pickup not sure Jake is anything but special teams depth.....

Texans did take a stab once @ TE & got burned with a high pick (2nd rd.) Bennie Joppru mostly based off exceptional week of practice/play in Senior Bowl.

In my most recent mock I targeted Washington TE Seferian-Jenkins, big body 6060 267 similar to Witten (not as well coached) but has natural ball instincts, uses his body effective can move in space/downfield or plant underneath & absorb hits. Question for me is how fast he develops with NFL coaching? could be a huge asset, improve blocking & provide compressed red zone option. A combination of Griffen & Seferian-Jenkins in two TE sets would chip & enforce the edges helping tackles or release as another option to keep chains moving.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote