View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013   #186
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24999 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: T Johnathan Martin headed for NFI list, may never return to the Dolphins

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
One doesn't "toughen" up to beat depression. You don't "nut up" and get over depression.

Sounds like another athlete falls victim to a sport and a macho mentality that is ill equipped to deal with a COMMON psychological issue like depression. Sounds like the NFL needs to ditch pink October and do something to raise mental health awareness.
This is a good post Jen..... I've played with guys who were "different". They did get messed with I'm not going to lie. At the end of the day I don't care what you do off of the field. I do need you to be a warrior on the field though. If a guy doesn't stand up for himself off of the field I'm not going to think he won't on it. To me they're 2 different environments. I'm a crazy, competitive person who goes off on you when I'm playing, but I'm super laid back off the field. We need to accept those who are different and not put them in a box.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote