View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013   #185
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 148234 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: T Johnathan Martin headed for NFI list, may never return to the Dolphins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I don't see how Martin will play in the nfl again.

Incognito is an idiot. We know that. But you can't be in a locker room and be a lamb. You don't have to be a predator, but you definitely can't be the prey. If I'm a player on the team, I'm skeptical about this guy playing next to me because I don't know if things get sketchy if this guy will wilt because the opposing players are intimidating him. If you see a guy twisting my ankle are you going to have the audacity to push him off if me?

I have no issue with Martin as a human being. I have no issue with anyone that won't fight, gets intimidated, or just avoids confrontation (I don't know if that's the case here). But just speaking from a football perspective, or anything that involves going into a hostile environment....you want to be with people that will boss up.

All that said, incognito should be suspended by the team...not the nfl. The team shouldn't want that kind of behavior going on in their locker rooms.
One doesn't "toughen" up to beat depression. You don't "nut up" and get over depression.

Sounds like another athlete falls victim to a sport and a macho mentality that is ill equipped to deal with a COMMON psychological issue like depression. Sounds like the NFL needs to ditch pink October and do something to raise mental health awareness.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote