View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013   #58
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Arian Foster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I know this would not be the most popular, but, as it stands now, due to the type of histories of each, I would tend favor towards Tate.
I wouldn't give any running back a big money contract. Their best years are behind them by the time you make the decision to give them one. Better to let another team give it to them, and let them be stuck with all that dead money two years down the road when they are cut.

As a matter of fact, in today's NFL, as violent and injurious as it is, I don't think any player, no matter the position, is worth going an extended big money contract to. Take Matt Schaub and Brian Cushing as perfect examples. Both of them are going to turn out be nothing but dead money in the end. Jonathan Joseph is another prime example.

This is why I'm totally against signing big-money free agents. They are past their prime by the time they go on the market.