View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013   #182
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 118533 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: T Johnathan Martin headed for NFI list, may never return to the Dolphins

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
So you don't like his opinion on this situation, and therefore you think his opportunity to express his opinion should be revoked, right ?

Hey, I suspect it's MOL the opinion of the majority of NFL players. Bet if you'd ask what another hard-azz NFL CB like the Texans Kareem Jackson thinks you'd get the same kinda comments.
And that's the goddamn neanderthal mentality that makes guys like Aaron Hernandez and his whole "respect" schtick think they can literally get away with murder. If you think that conduct doesn't stem from the same dark place, you're sorely mistaken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorOye View Post
You know what else does that? And does it even better? Doing what Martin did. Let's say he stands up to him - he risks getting his butt kicked and the same thing just continues in perpetuity. Or until Incognito is gone or wears out his welcome. Again.

Doing it this way, the power dynamic is completely changed in a more effective and permanent way.
A thousand times this.

After listening to Travis Johnson this morning, it simply affirms my belief that some of these cretins just don't get it. Evidently the only way to "man up" in this situation is to try and beat the Hell out of Incognito. Never once did I hear "well yeah, the system is broke". Nope, I heard the same machismo bull**** that leads to gang shootings.

Hell, I'm not the type that believes that violence never solves anything, and I truly wish that Martin had pounded Incognito into next week. That said, you can't fix the mentality without a huge paradigm shift in the way that locker rooms are maintained in the NFL. "Boys will be Boys" gets us gang warfare, rape culture, and now this. That NFL players think Martin "brought this upon himself" speaks volumes about how far the behavior must shift to be anywhere close to societal normal.