Thread: Tajh Boyd
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013   #68
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29411 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx
Default Re: Tajh Boyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
With 15 seconds left, The ball at the Jets 45, Smith ran for 10 to the Bucs 45.
The Bucs committed a stupid 15-yd penalty that have the Jets the ball at the 30.
Folk made a 48-yd FG to win the game.
If you call that a winning drive; it's your choice.

The Bills gave the game away despite two INTs by Smith.

The Falcons also gave the game away; they aren't much better off than the Texans in this regard.

The Pats played an uncharacteristic game.
The Jets missed a 56yd FG, but the Pats committed a 15-yd penalty to give the Jets a first down.
Eleven consecutive run plays on that drive, including a one-yard loss by Smith brought about a 42yd winning FG.
You have a pattern of cherry picking when confronted about a player. That's clear when you talk about players you're in love with or vice versa. I'll be the 1st to say geno has been more cold than hot. I'm not making excuses,but who is he throwing to? I agree the pats win was fluke-ish,but when you say the bills gave the game away,that's your cherry picking. I'm guessing you didn't see the 2 bombs he threw from the pocket under pressure? No play action boot to get his feet clean. Just a 5 step drop,man in his face and hit both hil and and holmes in stride.

See,this is where we differ on what we look for in a qb. I personally want a qb who can succeed without having to be schemed. Maybe you like others want a qb the opposite. To say after 2 games or going back to your evaluations that neither boyd or geno are upgrades, doesn't really hold weight. That's your opinion,but I always like to say only time tells. So you can bring your radar gun theory or your still footage to show jackson is a good cornerback,that's your thing. I hope as a texans fan case play continues.