View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013   #19
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Arian Foster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I think it's mostly injuries that are holding him back, and it really shouldn't be a surprise to anyone who looks at the history of RBs with 400+ touches in their previous year. At this point, I would give Arian at least 4 weeks off, and figure out what we have in guys like Dennis Johnson, who could be our #2 RB next year. I think a 1-2 punch of Foster and Johnson could be enough for the 2014 Texans, and it could reduce our RB priority in the draft. Get Dennis up to speed on pass protections, and he could be a nice, cheap #2.
This is how I perceive it, as well. RBs are known to have short NFL lives due to the nature of the position and the workload put on them.

Dude is human and his body will reflect the wear and tear put on it.

I cannot judge the man's heart or say that I know what he's thinking. But, he sure ran his ass off after getting paid, and that is usually somewhat of an indicator into the insight of a player's mentality.

And I agree with Dutch on putting a fork in this season and let Foster some time to heal. I think the guy still has some football left in him, so no use wasting it on this season.