View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013   #28
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wolf6151 Houston Texans 2014 Mock #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post

I'm willing to go with best player on the board who fills Texan DL needs, just not sold on this draft class repeating how Carolina dealt with their own issues last season.
Or to the detriment of other positions - particularly RT. I want to replace the turnstile Newton is at RT in the first two rounds (Or with a significant FA).

As you see in my mock , fixing the inside of the defense is at the top of my list with ILB & NT taken with the 2nd & 3rd picks.

I also don't see them having the luxury of picking two guy's at NT who are going to rotate with premium picks - even if they do go to a 4-3 as Crick is likely to move inside in that scenario.

The defense hasn't been horrible , its been serviceable. I don't think we need wholesale changes up front to fix it - Just a tweak or two on the front end. The back end tho I question keeping Reed , Manning & J.Jo because of cost & performance.

Reed was a bust. He's been outplayed by Shiloh Keo & the rookie.

Manning has been serviceable when healthy but is expensive.

J.Jo hasn't been the same since he got injured last season and has a huge cap number. He's been more the problem than the solution , I cant see paying him that big contract based upon production.

My theory is to fill RT , ILB & NT in the first three rounds of the draft , add depth at S and CB later while adding a solid veteran CB via FA along with possibly an OG to replace Wade Smith.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote