View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013   #157
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why aren't we trying to find a kicker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
So you're saying that an 8-8 finish at this point would be a failure to you? That would make the Texans 6-4 after benching Schaub and by my estimation 6-2 after sending Bullock to the house (I know, it's not a done deal yet but I'd take Racker or Graham over Bullock every damn time)

After this start I'd be impressed with that and thinking that the mid-round picks we'd end up with could help solve the remaining issues (along with a certain special teams coach retiring "with honor" after the season ends).
I think an 8-8 finish means that we have very little change next year, and we will have the same GM, HC and possibly special teams coach next year. That to me is where the team "loses." The W/L columns don't matter to me at this point, because I have written off the season. If you don't want another year of Gary and company, then losing is the best remedy IMO. I'm looking at the big picture of this franchise, and not the short-term feel-good moral victories we will get from the Texans beating up the Jaguars and company.