View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013   #156
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why aren't we trying to find a kicker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Are you seriously trying to say that a 53 man roster of professional athletes collaborated on losing games?

Seriously?

They lost their HoF QB for the season. That's why they had no viable back up. Manning was on pace to challenge Favre's consecutive start streak. They never needed a back up QB.

This for an offensive system that Manning basically played OC on the field.

You expect some journeyman back up QB to take his place??

You are delusional if you think the players tanked on purpose. Show me any shred of evidence that confirms such an unrealistic take. It is illogical.

BTW, the hole in your little scenario is the win over the Texans. That put their chance at a no. 1 pick in jeopardy.

History undermines your fantasy world:
You should probably read the next paragraph, they were still in the driver's seat for the #1 pick, even with that win.

Quote:
If the Colts lose to the Jaguars in Jacksonville on January 1, they’ll clinch the pick via the strength of schedule tiebreaker, which is the first measure used to determine draft position among non-playoff teams. But if the Colts continue their hot streak and beat the mediocre-at-best Jaguars, either the Rams or the Vikings would slide into the top position position, if either or both lose in Week 17.
Guess what happened in Jacksonville? I think it's pretty obvious they weren't really trying to win that year, given the roster and personnel. You can call it whatever you want, but I saw a team that was tanking that year. No I don't have a quote from a GM that said that was their plan, but that's what I believe they were doing.

Quote:
Yeah, that's exactly what I said. I'm not sure when or where I said it, but since you typed it I must have said it.

C'mon, man, you just trolling me for a response? When did you start using straw man tactics to make a point?
Why is this so difficult to follow? More wins = worse draft position. That's what happens when we win at this point, because this team isn't making the playoffs, and we will end up with about the 10-15th pick if we beat Jax twice, the Raiders and one more against whoever. It's pointless. The season is over and we are back where we were when Kubiak took over this franchise 7 years ago. A decent team with some good pieces that's going nowhere fast.

Quote:
Wanting our team to win as many games as they can is more defeatist than hoping they lose out?

We have such fundamentally different perspectives that this conversation is basically pointless.
Probably. This team isn't going anywhere with current management. I'm ready for the full nuclear option to get things going in the right direction. Burn it to the ground and rebuild.

Quote:
Then you had better pick a new team to follow. Do you honestly think McNair is going to clean house now?
Yes sir, if fans like you don't support this team in its current state and clamor for change.

Quote:
I'd like an overhaul, as well, and agree with your ultimate desire. But, I'm pragmatic enough to understand that I'm powerless to influence it and our owner is going to do what he wants to do.
Lol... thanks Captain Obvious.