View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013   #395
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56984 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rick Smith's poor job of managing the cap has closed our window for the time bein

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I get your point, Texian.

But that was why I brought up the other two kickers drafted in the sixth round; you even added the UDFA from UT (a Houston native no less.)

These guys performed at basically the same pay as Bullock, with less in signing bonus. Teams don't need to go after veterans.

On the one hand, you have to balance between paying a veteran and the possibility of a young talent.

It seems to me that you pick and choose.

If the Texans hit on all the picks, none of us would complain, since young talents are always cheaper than the vets.
Basically my point is the Texans are in this position because they put themselves in this position because of poor salary cap management. When you begin each league year without enough money to meet your minimum financial obligations for 3 years in a row that is poor salary cap management. It causes a deterioration in talent, prevents teams from adding quality talent and forces them to make decisions that they don't necessarily want to make and that is exactly where the Texans are today.....no excuses from me, follow the money, it tells actual and true story.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote