View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013   #152
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why aren't we trying to find a kicker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
What? Are you really going to argue that the Colts were NOT tanking that season? Seriously? They started Kerry Collins, Dan Orlovsky and some other guys I can't remember at QB all year.
Are you seriously trying to say that a 53 man roster of professional athletes collaborated on losing games?

Seriously?

They lost their HoF QB for the season. That's why they had no viable back up. Manning was on pace to challenge Favre's consecutive start streak. They never needed a back up QB.

This for an offensive system that Manning basically played OC on the field.

You expect some journeyman back up QB to take his place??

You are delusional if you think the players tanked on purpose. Show me any shred of evidence that confirms such an unrealistic take. It is illogical.

BTW, the hole in your little scenario is the win over the Texans. That put their chance at a no. 1 pick in jeopardy.

History undermines your fantasy world:

Quote:
Colts flirt with blowing the Luck pick

Though it would be fitting for a kid named “Luck” to play for a team with a horseshoe on its helmet, the Colts are experiencing an unlikely late-season surge that could cost the team that had presumably locked up the first overall pick a clear shot at their franchise quarterback of the future.

Thanks to an unlikely come-from-behind win over the Texans, the Colts have moved to 2-13 on the season. If the Vikings lose to the Redskins and/or the Rams lose to the Steelers on Saturday, Week 17 would feature not only the resolution of multiple playoff spots and positioning, but also the final resolution of the “Suck for Luck” sweepstakes.

source
Quote:
So you don't think this team would have a better chance of turning things around next year with a top 5 pick instead of a 10-15 pick?
Yeah, that's exactly what I said. I'm not sure when or where I said it, but since you typed it I must have said it.

C'mon, man, you just trolling me for a response? When did you start using straw man tactics to make a point?

Quote:
Honestly, this sounds like more of a defeatist attitude to me than what I am advocating.
Wanting our team to win as many games as they can is more defeatist than hoping they lose out?

We have such fundamentally different perspectives that this conversation is basically pointless.

Quote:
The thought of this regime staying intact after this atrocious season is worse than going 2-14 in my mind. It's time for change we can believe in, whether it be a new GM from Baltimore, or a HC like Sumlin, Shaw or Gruden, I don't really care. This team needs a makeover from the top down.
Then you had better pick a new team to follow. Do you honestly think McNair is going to clean house now?

I'd like an overhaul, as well, and agree with your ultimate desire. But, I'm pragmatic enough to understand that I'm powerless to influence it and our owner is going to do what he wants to do.