View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013   #140
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: T Johnathan Martin headed for NFI list, may never return to the Dolphins

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
I totally feel for Johnathan Martin. Even as a young analyst at a bulge bracket investment bank, I got hazed along with every other first year analyst. And it got to the point where I was extremely miserable, not because of the work-load and the 80-100 hour weeks, but because of the people there. It's not just a football thing. It happens everywhere.

What I don't get is why hazing is accepted. What may be fun for some may be utter embarrassment for another. There's a reason why hazing is illegal in schools. Why is it allowed in the work place?
Hazing is dumb man. I never participated in it even though I went through my fair share of it. Luckily as a freshman in high school I didn't get beat up like other freshman because of my older brother. I did have to deal with it pretty tough first year in college though but it is what it is.

None of them made it personal though which is the problem with this story. I don't understand anyone who even thinks about this twice. If you have kids then you would never want your sons to deal with the likes of Incognito. I would have tried to kick his ass, but everyone isn't wired like me. I can't blame Martin because he chose a different approach. Trying to justify Incognito's actions by pointing out Martin's actions or lack of reactions makes me think people who are doing it are the scum of the earth to me.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote