View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013   #390
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56086 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rick Smith's poor job of managing the cap has closed our window for the time bein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I think y'all are saying the same thing in an around about way .

If you make 5 million dollars but play like a 1.5 million dollar player , you better watch it . Why ... cause they have a 2nd year ,7th round pick waiting in the wings and for a lot less .
Here is what I am saying....

The Texans drafted a PK with a 5th RD pick because they didn't have the money to sign an experienced veteran. The Texans could NOT afford to sign an experienced Vet PK without first releasing a player with an equal or greater salary cap hit or restructuring contracts and borrowing enough money from future years to pay for players this year.....that's what I am saying.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote