View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013   #25
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 45091 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wolf6151 Houston Texans 2014 Mock #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
If you look past the stats you will see that Star is drawing double teams. Which is allowing Johnson and Hardy to improve the pass rush. He is also keeping Kuechly (SP?) clean. Also drafting Short in the 2nd rd proves they were comitted to stopping the run, providing depth and securing the position for the next 5 yrs. A novel idea.

When is the last time you saw Mitchell draw a double team? Why are the ILB's always getting injured?

This is why I consider NT/OT/ILB to be the 3 most pressing needs. They also could use a nickle CB.

The Texans cant fix everything in 1 yr, but if they were to draft

Nix,Skov and James that would be a great start. Solid 10 yr starters at positions of need. You could do worse. Nix will command a double team which will free up JJ/Mercilus etc.... and help keep Cushing clean, like Star does for Kuechly.
Of course I understand what your saying, they did shut the door on need to stop the run with those two picks that fell perfectly inline this past draft. Kind of what the Texans did in free agency a couple years ago with J-lo & Manning to fix secondary, they just forgot to stay the course with their own (Glover Quin) draft pick.

I'm really torn on Nix III. Great talent, Texans WILL have a shot @ him but is he worth top 10 consideration? Then in 2nd do you go with another DT/DE who could split reps & be that rotational guy we thought Crick & McClain would become, offering Mitchell a fair but discounted home town contract?

I'm willing to go with best player on the board who fills Texan DL needs, just not sold on this draft class repeating how Carolina dealt with their own issues last season.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote