View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013   #148
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 341333 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why aren't we trying to find a kicker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by midway View Post
I think they've almost reached the end of their sunshine supply.
Oh, hell no.

The thing about being a sunshiner, which I am, is that you can always look on the bright side of things. The thing about being a hater is that it doesn't matter how good the team does, it always sucks. Some of the haters have admitted that we could win a Super Bowl but it wouldn't matter if it was THIS regime that did it. And if everything they wanted to happen happened, they'd still find something to whine about.

That's a sad way to go through life.

Should Bullock be gone? Yep. Should Marciano be gone? Yep. Does going on a 6 game losing streak suck? Yep.

But I still think this is a good team with a lot of good pieces in place and I haven't given up on this season (or this regime), yet. We might not make the play-offs, we've dug ourselves a hole that only 1 team since 1960 has been able to overcome. But we can still be competitive and we can still play hard and things might break our way.

I think we've hit a jackpot with Keenum. This year might not take us to the promised land but it might be just what we need to get there next year and/or the year after.

OTOH, if we fire all of our coaches and bring in a new staff, I'll get behind this new staff (even if I hate the coaches) and I'll hope for the best.

That's what being a sunshiner is about: keeping a positive mental attitude. Where a hater sees 8 years without a successful season (where success can only be a SB), a sunshiner sees several successful seasons with lots of bright spots and things to look forward to.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote