View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013   #388
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144668 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rick Smith's poor job of managing the cap has closed our window for the time bein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Lot's of excuses there Ritchie...Let's review

Winston was a cap casualty simply because he offered the most cap relief without any penalty. It's that simple no matter how you try to spin it. None of your excuses, precognition or clairvoyance apply.

Lienart, Vickers and Ryans were cap casualties regardless of how you try and spin it. They were high end salary cap relief and that's why they were released. No way the Texans could have re-signed Foster without some major cap relief. It's that simple no matter how you try to spin it.

Even with all the cap casualties the Texans still had to restructure contracts (Johnson & Joseph $10 mil) in order to get the season under way. It's that simple no matter how you try to spin it.

Graham - signed May 7th for another leg in camp which is done every year. - If that were the case they would have done that in 2013. They didn't and that makes your argument null & void. It's that simple no matter how you try to spin it.

Your mentality of the salary cap is exactly why there are salary cap problems.Learn to follow the money. Learn and understand that most all decisions made are a direct result of the money available. Your post will be more accurate and filled with less excuses.

How's your Mecedes-Benz 2dr Roadster SL63 AMG Convertible? Oh you don't have one. You can't afford it. I understand, I can't either.
I think y'all are saying the same thing in an around about way .

If you make 5 million dollars but play like a 1.5 million dollar player , you better watch it . Why ... cause they have a 2nd year ,7th round pick waiting in the wings and for a lot less .