View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013   #144
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why aren't we trying to find a kicker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Pretty much. Where exactly do you think this team is going this year? 8-8? Is that a successful season to you? Are people really ready to go back to the early years of Kubiak when we were so close to the playoffs, but just not quite good enough to make it? Cause that's what this team is right now, but I think it's pretty clear the coaching and talent evaluations are severely inadequate. When a 3rd string UDFA is playing head and shoulders above your 14 million dollar QB, something is seriously wrong. Can you imagine what this team would be like if we had put some resources into finding a QB years ago instead of plodding along with Schaub? It's pathetic we have been stuck with this for so long. It's time to cut the cord and clean house, get a fresh start with a new coach and GM.
I'm not disagreeing with you as much as I just don't see your "cutting the cord & cleaning house" actually transpiring. They did have the sense to keep around that 3rd string UDFA so some credit is due. The only turnover I see are the ones that killed this season on the field. Cutting Schaub would be revolutionary for this franchise IMO. The worst possible turn of events have killed this season hard for ownership to kill Rick Smith, now Gary Kubiak for all these circumstances still I agree with you that accountability must be the buzz word moving forward, wherever that leads remains to be seen

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote