View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013   #141
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 304149 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why aren't we trying to find a kicker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
It worked for the Colts...
You mean the same Colts that had an NFL Championship trophy in 2006, two Super Bowl appearances, and 9 straight playoff seasons from 2002-2010? The same team that fell apart when their Hall of Fame QB went down?

C'mon, man, that's a specious argument at best.

Regardless of what happens this season, McNair is not going to fire Kubiak. Especially now after the medical emergency.

People are constantly talking about the Texans meltdown going back to last season. So the logic is that last season's performance can directly impact the next season.

So let's reverse that logic: wouldn't it be best for the team to finish strong this season so there is positive momentum going into the off-season?

I think sending a message for the team to blatantly suck will send the wrong vibe into off-season. It's a defeatist attitude, and there is certainly no guarantees about draft picks.

And remember the "Suck for Luck" mentality was from fans, not the team.

Quote:
"I've done this for 13 years," Saturday said, per Terry McCormick. "I'll steal a Robert Mathis quote, 'I ain't sucking for anybody.' That's the reality of it. Robert said it best. I'm out there every week trying to win games. I don't care about all the rest of it."

Source: Why 'Suck for Luck' Sucks