View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013   #139
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why aren't we trying to find a kicker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
It worked for the Colts...

I think it's more about having a plan in place and the right people to see it through. I want to see change from the top down next year, and I think the only way that happens is if it appears to McNair that we are no longer "on the right track." A 2-4 win season should send that message, a 6-8 win season will not as we have seen in the past.

So no, I'm not advocating that we simply tank for draft position, I am suggesting we tank for better coaching. Any idiot can see our kicker sucks and that he doesn't belong in the NFL. This should have been obvious to management after the second game of the season, buuuuut it wasn't for Smithiak. Now here we are in the midst of another dead-end season. So let's fix the real problem, which is not Randy Bullock or Ed Reed, it's management, and it has got to change. Keep Randy in the lineup, let him make 60% of his FGs, let Ed Reed give up 30 yards of penalties a game, let Newton pretend he's an NYC subway turnstile, and on their collective backs we will ride our way to new coaches that can take this talented team to new heights!
so Randy is actually helping Texans reach their goals by missing FG after FG? very interesting

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote