View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013   #137
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why aren't we trying to find a kicker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I agree completely. The mentality of playing for better draft position (i.e. sucking on purpose) is so lame that it disgusts me. Who gives a crap about a May draft in freakin' November, even if the team is playing way below average.

You don't send a message to guys like JJ Watt and Andre Johnson that we are sticking with status quo to save a few bucks and hope for next season. That's the mentality of perpetually crap teams like the Jaguars.
Yeah, it's so very hard to do and even when in the back of your mind you know that there's more to be gained by your team losing a game it's still tough to not want them to win.

In 2005 it got bad enough for me to want them to "win" the first overall pick. I remember posting a comment about how I'd become perhaps the most loathed of all NFL fans. That season was nothing like this one. There was no silver lining. There was nothing positive about that team. It was so far down the rabbit hole that this year is a great success as-is compared to that one. If we go 2-14 this year and have production like we had Sunday night out of Keenum and AJ then we're still not the empty cupboard that was the 2005 Texans. We have great players on this team and more guys with bright futures than guys headed for the scrap heap I think.

I can't want these guys to lose. I just can't do it this time. 10-6 until it's become impossible. Then it's 9-7 all the way baby! I don't care about playoffs now. that's done. It's time to forge us some character. There are talented men on our team who have experienced some success. Maybe this is a blessing in disguise. Maybe they need to be reminded just how much losing sucks.