View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013   #122
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109572 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: T Johnathan Martin headed for NFI list, may never return to the Dolphins

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Question to the troglodytes that are rationalizing, condoning, defending, or in any other way excusing Incognito's behavior:

How far is too far? I mean, I understand hazing and I understand team camaraderie. Hazing is at its heart a team building exercise, but it can be taken too far. So if you think Martin is just being a wuss and Incognito is justified, how far is too far? Be specific, please.
Not that I'm a troglodyte but,

Having a man pay $15,000 and not letting him go on the trip to Vegas is taking it too far.

This was an important season for the Dolphins, they spent alot of $$$$ in FA and trading up in the draft. This season was important enough to Martin for him to show up for OTA's. This was probably 1 reason why nobody respected Martin on the Dolphins. Including Management/Coaches/Teammates and the reason Martin felt likehe had nobody to complain too.

Martin will get another job in the NFL if he wants to play, probably not with the Dolphins. But he will get no respect from his teammates around the NFL. He broke the code by taking team problems outside the lockerroom.

His career is permanently damaged. (Sorry that's just the way it is.) I really question if Martin really wants to play football. Because of this, I smell a lawsuit in the near future. Afterall it really will come down to Martin getting paid.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote