View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013   #123
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 277266 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak Collapses at the half

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
It will be interesting to see how both Kubiak and McNair handle this going forward. Seems it would be difficult for Gary to "step away" from coaching as he has been at this so long. Hopefully, he will be alright but to put in those hours in that stress has to be "addicting". Will McNair allow him to continue coaching without 100% medical clearance? When Gary bent over I thought "stroke" and then "dang, he was coaching a great game."
If the doctors give him clearance, I see him coming back to coaching. And no way will McNair fire him after this season, even if the results are 2-14. I could not envision a situation where McNair fires his golden boy after suffering a stroke during the middle of a game.

However, if coaching is directly contributing to Kubiak's condition, I would hope that he makes the 'right' decision for his family, not the franchise, players, or sport he loves. I would assume his family is priority based on what we know about Gary Kubiak. If this is a condition with a percentage chance, I do not think it's worth it, all things considered.

Nobody could, or would, blame him at all for walking away.