View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013   #147
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 88339 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where to spend the 2014 1st round pick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
Is there a position on the field that we don't need? WR is the only position I can think of that isn't a need. Now they're not all 1st or 2nd round needs but their are so many needs we can go with a BPA approach to the draft and fill a lot of those needs. I also think that we all need to remember that rebuilding this organization back to consistent playoff team will take more than just 1 draft. Its hard to believe that in 8 yrs. Smithiak was unable to build some quality depth.

We're looking like we might be drafting in the top 5 now. I'm going to be looking hard at Mariota.
I have started working a bit different than some who mock by filling in back up or lesser needs first. For example, I see Ed Reed being replaced by Swearinger and Manning if healthy will be in last contract year 2014 so we draft Marqueston Huff Wyoming who was a 3 year corner who moved to safety this year. To answer your question, we have needs almost everywhere but some can be resolved without panic by using lower rounds and focusing on priority needs in top 4 rounds. Issue of course is posters rarely agree what is priority plus if I decide to take care of RT by selecting Tennessee's JuWuan James who is right under the first rounders, he better be there. Still that is the fun.