View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013   #133
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: In support of Håvard Rugland...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Most contracts in the NFL will have the base salary for the year guaranteed if the player is on the team week 1 of that season and hadn't been cut previously. This doesn't apply to 3rd stringers and UDFAs though. A kicker you drafted in the 5th round that is expected to start likely has his salary guaranteed. So you're throwing away about 250k to sign someone else. These things do add up over time.

I find it hard to believe that there is a franchise kicker just waiting out there for someone to give him a chance. If the dude was that good, he would probably have had a chance to get a job by now. But sure, why not give him a chance. It's not like we need cap space with Rick at the helm of the ship.
I doubt there is. I don't however doubt that there is a kicker who is more reliable than Randy Bullock waiting out there for someone to give him a chance. That seems almost a certainty to me at this point.

The guy has missed 8 FG's in half a season. I think you would have to be trying not to find another guy who can do better than that.