View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013   #102
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144347 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: T Johnathan Martin headed for NFI list, may never return to the Dolphins

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
This is true

And be cut before the start of next season if the Lawyers will let the Dolphins cut him. Martin has been soft and played terrible this yr. He was being counted on to be the Dolphins LT for the next 10 yrs. He couldn't handle those responsibilities and was weak minded.

This story gets the fans mind off of his terrible play and focuses on his feelings, which was his goal in all of this. Incognito was trying to toughen Martin up and help the team. Did he go too far and use despicable behavior? Yes.

But apparently most of the Dolphins OL mates agrred with Incognito and backed him up. The Dolphins coaches must have agreed with Incognito also because they didn't stop it. This means that Martin wont be long for Miami.

Martin's biggest knock coming out of college was that he wasn't physical enough. Sounds like Martin will be Gary's RT of the future. I'm sure he will fit in quite well with Newton.

BTW, this is why it will be a long time before an openly gay player will be welcomed on a team. Teams look to avoid stuff like this like the plague. If you were to ask Ireland if he's glad that he drafted Martin or if he wishes he would've passed on Martin and Ireland was honest, I garuntee you Martin wouldn't be a Dolphin today.
I'm simply flabbergasted by this troglodyte mentality of "gotta tuffen 'im up if he wanna play ball" mentality being endorsed by a small minority.

Have you actually READ what Incognito said and did? Do you actually know that the NFL is a PROFESSIONAL football league? Do you understand that this goes above making a rook carry your pads or two-a-days?

There is a right way to be a MAN and carry yourself in this game of professional athletes and it's obvious that this game needs more JJ Watts and Andre Johnsons and Arian Fosters and need ZERO guys like Incognito. How is a game rife with tough guys not filled with incidents like this? Because most of them are not crappy scum bags of human beings who have a warped sense of what it means to be a man.

Not everyone is mentally or physically cut out to play the game, but let the GAME and the competition and PERFORMANCE suss out who should be on the field, not just racist, maschismo jackhole like Richie. He's not suited to be anywhere around other people, let alone a game like football.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote