View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013   #13
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: new to college football

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
It's not simple to explain, but it feels like I enjoy the games more if I am following one team and I am aware of their record and all that stuff.

Before starting to follow the texans I watched a couple of random SBs but actually having a team is much more exciting.

Even if they are 2-5
Go for the UH Cougars if you like battle red, Wade Phillips, Case Keenum and the underdogs.

(Wade Phillips played LB at UH in the late 60s.)

The Cougars don't have the financial support that UT and A&M have for a long time now. It's hard for them to recruit big-time players, but they are on the rise again. This year, they're playing at Reliant Stadium (same as the Texans) while the new stadium is being built on campus.
It will be ready next season.

They are currently 7-1 (4-0 in the American Athletic Conference) with 4 games against the top 4 teams left (UCF - University of Central Florida, SMU (Southern Methodist University, Louisville, and Cincinnati).

The Conference Champion earns an automatic bid to a BCS game (Bowl Championship Series.)
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote