View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013   #114
RagingBull
Hall of Shame

Rep Power: 3847 RagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: In support of Håvard Rugland...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
What's the point? I know people are pissed, but wasting money by cutting Bullock and spending even more on someone else will do nothing to help the future Texans succeed. We are 2-6 and have no shot at the division or playoffs right now. What's the difference between losing with a kicker that is already paid for, and spending money to get a new guy? Honestly, we are better off losing with Bullock than winning with some street free agent. At least this way we improve our draft position and don't waste future capspace.

I say, keep the roster in tact for now, figure out what you have in younger guys like Keenum, Posey, Martin, Brooks, Bouye, Pleasant, etc and gear up for the draft and next year. Let the next regime cut the bad players, and pick their own guys going forward. The best thing our team can do for the future is keep capspace open, and getting another kicker won't help with that.
I don't think hiring a new guy at league minimum would affect cap space at all, as it is only the top 49 or so contracts that count towards the cap. The guys that want to hire Kickalicious and give him a tryout like they are doing with Keenum just want to hopefully try and find another pearl that would make next years shopping list 1 less.

-Texecutioner, 4/19/2013
RagingBull is offline   Reply With Quote