View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013   #69
RazorOye
Ayo

Rep Power: 43675 RazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: T Johnathan Martin headed for NFI list, may never return to the Dolphins

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Shaking my head.

He is standing his ground. He is saying enough, and he is getting this all out in the open. You wanted Martin to punch Ignognito in the locker room. Again: Incognito probably has an army of players he controls. You can't fight that.

The good news here is that Martin will win and Incognito will lose. Take a read of the voice mails, when you get a chance...
I really don't know how anyone can look at these events objectively and come to a conclusion other than Martin standing his ground. I don't think IDEXAN has ever really been bullied in the same way as Martin if he can't come up with an experience where he was so bullied that he wasn't able to stand up for himself and against the bully except by removing himself from the context of the harassment to a place that's safe to do so.

With the existing dynamic and nature of the harassment and abuse, I think Martin's tact makes a lot of sense (more to lose, less to gain by staying within the hierarchy that constitutes the MIA locker room... a fact that our resident locker room expert should easily realize). And, in the end, it looks like he might be accomplishing a great deal.

Just as there are many different examples of bullying, there are many different examples of one standing his ground. Just because they don't match up with the exact, precise boundaries IDEXAN is drawing, doesn't mean they don't exist. They do. To me it looks like bullying and it looks like standing one's ground.
RazorOye is offline   Reply With Quote