View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013   #32
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: T Johnathan Martin headed for NFI list, may never return to the Dolphins

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorOye View Post
While I appreciate the gentlemanly salutation, and I think it's mighty white of you to do so, you didn't make a point at all related to the topic that seems to be at the core of this.

And that's not Martin's 'wussiness' and the insistence on pushing topics of race anticipation and the wussification of the NFL.

Your post said you peaked in an unremarkable college career. So how in the world do you understand what would be going on in a Dolphins NFL locker room? Using yourself as the referent and then arriving at a conclusion based on such a faulty premise surely leads to a faulty conclusion, no?

Instead of going after the party that appears to be a demanding, imposing bully with a track record of less-than-stellar acts on and off the field and a history of bullying others (once bullied himself) who might also be a racist - you're going after the victim and psychoanalyzing.

To what end?

The wussification of the NFL? Preemptive marginalization of a potentially legitimate issue (racism) before we even know any details?

To compare your locker room to his and your bullying experience to his strikes me as a misstep out of the posting gates, conceptually. After that, the comparison (and righteousness) just got worse. I think basing psychoanalysis using such flimsy criteria isn't the most constructive way to go about marginalizing Martin.

The entire post just looked like an end around for some strutting, chestthumping machismo that adds nothing to the thread, in tone or content. And I think it takes some measure of courage to come out the way he has. I don't think you really understand the scope and variety of bullying - I know I don't. And I've seen all sorts of types in all sorts of contexts. I don't see how anyone can label his actions as cowardly or wussy. He had a lot to risk by bringing this to light, acting as he did. I'm not going to valorize him as a hero, but I don't think he's nearly as frail or sheepish as you do.

If this gets Incognito out of the league, renders him an untouchable - I think maybe the league is better off.

I think talking about his actions and the systems that actively/passively supported it are also worth talking about. These seem to be the bigger issues.

2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote