View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013   #14
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43308 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: T Johnathan Martin headed for NFI list, may never return to the Dolphins

Quote:
The Miami Dolphins have suspended starting guard Richie Incognito for conduct detrimental to the team.

Incognito was being reviewed by the Dolphins, the NFL and the NFL Players Association for harassment of teammate Jonathan Martin, who left the team last week following a lunchroom incident.

"The Miami Dolphins have suspended Richie Incognito for conduct detrimental to the team," the team said in a statement released late Sunday night. "We believe in maintaining a culture of respect for one another and as a result we believe this decision is in the best interest of the organization at this time. As we noted earlier, we reached out to the NFL to conduct an objective and thorough review. We will continue to work with the league on this matter."
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/99...artin-incident
Really surprising, and I'd think unprecidented and probably points to the heart of the matter which is that Incognito has more issues than Martin. But the fact that the 'Phins couldn't handle this situation internally is what's most surprising to me ? Damn Coach, you let this get into the media and now the league is involved.
I've got 2 remaining questions now: (1) when does somebody play the race card here, and (2) with this incident, how totally wussified has the NFL become ?
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote