View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013   #99
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 133852 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why aren't we trying to find a kicker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
Wasnt Bullock like 29 of 33 his senior year? They see him everyday in practice. It was ONE bad game. He has all the talent.

Most likely we cut him like you want and he goes and has a great career for somebody else.

Sounds like another Kubiak is stubborn thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
Yes, you can definitely put me in the blow it off camp right now. Not even on my radar of concern, because one game does not make an ENTIRE CAREER for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Duane Brown was horrible early in his career; he should have been cut.
Kareem Jackson should have been cut.
Mercilus should have been cut.
Kubiak is a stubborn biatch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
You are talking about signing guys that will ensure a loss of 10 yards of field position per kickoff and will struggle to make 50 yard field goals. Realize that Bullock is striking the ball very well... He had the 51 yard on the first timeout... Eventually, missing the 46 yarder off the upright. Earlier in the game, he nailed that 50 yard kick- hitting it so pure that the draw didn't work back into the goal until 5 yards past when it smacked into the net. Literally, that 50 yard miss would have been good from 65 yards.

I am worried as well. But, assuming the worst case scenario is not the way to lead a football team. My guess is that if his struggles continue, they will find a roster spot for a second kicker... similar to what New Orleans did a few years ago with Hartley when he was young and inconsistent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
He won one game... almost cost us another. We don't have any extra roster spots. I don't think anyone wants to waste their time with a charade of a kicker competition.

Kickers get replaced all the time. It's not like they have to learn the play book. If we get to the point where they feel it's time to move on, we'll move on. Right now they feel like it's time to show their support for him, to nurture him.

I can imagine Bullock using that game as motivation for the rest of the season & using it to kick the game winning kick in the Super Bowl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
Why aren't we looking for a kicker? Because we don't need one ...

Two games does not a season make.

Kid will be fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Consider the source. This team, FO, coaching staff are all worthless and have always been and always will be. You've heard references of those that will whine and snivel if we win the SB. The OP is exhibit "A".

Only way we'll win another game is if we can sign Cap or Wilson. Oh and Tom Dempsey too. Pffft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike02 View Post
Who is out there that is better than Bullock? Let me rephrase that, who is out there that is better than bullock and can keep teams from having the chance to return the ball on kickoffs.

Yes he's missed some long ass kicks. He's also made the opponent go 80 yards instead of 50. So far this year, 11% (1 of 9) kickoffs have been returned. Last year? 70% (28 of 87).

Mike
I really hope that all of you typical sunshiners are happy after this game. Yeah, this kicker really turned things around this season. He has only just blown two games now where he missed like 7 FG's between both losses. Just ignore the glaring problems and expect them to get better just because. Good god this reminds me of the 9-7 season where everyone kept talking about both Browns turning things around just because as well. Same fans defending the same failures.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote