View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013   #12
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 113798 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sitting on the lead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
I mean, give the colts credit, they adjusted...they took away the playaction bootleg and they stiffened a little on the run game...they heated case up and dared him to throw it deep alot. The reality of it is, as much as people like the deep shots, those are low percentage throws...the equivalent of taking 3 pt shots instead of taking the easy 2 in basketball. Most d-coordinators will take there chances with those....if they have confidence in their secondary. Manusky clearly wasn't shaken by keenum's propensity to throw it deep.
My intention isn't to take credit away from Inday. They made adjustments and are a very good football team. I'm merely pointing out that our mentality in each half was polar opposite.

In the 1st half we attacked. We set the tone. In the 2nd half? We sat back and let Indy take control. Why build a lead like that if you're just going to sit back and let the other team do what they want in the 2nd half?

There are a lot of plays you could point at and say they made the difference. I'm merely trying to point out that IMO, those plays would not have meant anything (or near as much) if we had played with the same aggressive mentality in the 2nd half.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote