View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013   #7
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81923 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sitting on the lead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Well we've got better qb play....Case hasn't thrown an int and hasn't given the other team points.......and guess what? The defense still sucks....play well for a 1/2.... Stink it up for another......that's pretty much how the whole team has been playing all year...people just got distracted and looked over the defense b/c of the pick 6 derby we had going.

#1 defense my ass...when we absolutely have to have it, they can't stop anybody...... They're frauds....been saying it since week 3-4. 20 pts in the 2nd half 15 pts in the 4th......terrible. The sad part about it is i still see folks giving them a pass....the focus is now shifting from the pick 6's and TO's to the ****ty kicker.
Defense played with a completely different mentality in the 2nd half. We lived in the backfield in the 1st half. Luck was overrun on every drop back. What about the 2nd half? How many times did we play 8 yards off and sit in a soft zone instead of being aggressive?

I do agree though. Not the #1 defense. That said, the reason you saw two different defenses tonight is because we played with two completely different mentalities in each half. I'm not giving them a pass. They played like garbage the 2nd half. My reasoning is because we went into our big lead shell and played soft in the 2nd half instead of going for the kill.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote