View Single Post
Old 08-20-2004   #19
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Neither of the ultimately Super Bowl-bound teams got a lot of favorable press in the early part of the season last year...and they did fine without this "respect" buzzword. (Which, by the way, I'm TRULY getting sick of, in sports contexts)

I don't care very much what's said by talking heads about the Texans, as long as it's grounded in fact or well-informed opinion. That's why Ditka's comments bugged me, and that's why these 2 guys disturbed me a bit too. To call the Texans a weak team or a longshot is pretty understandable. To say they didn't do anything in the offseason, or to say that they're not improving, is just dumb.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote