Thread: Tajh Boyd
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013   #47
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Tajh Boyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
McCarron has a much stronger arm than Leinhart ever had.

Luck had a monster OL with draft picks on his OL (DeCastro/Martin) 2 TE's (Fleener/Toililo) RB (Taylor) and really good college WR's (Owasu/Whalen) and nobody compared him to Leinhart. BTW Luck only won 1 bowl game. (So obviously he stunk. (Sarcasm////)

I like the way McCarron took his team down the field in less than 2 mins against LSU's defense in time of crisis with NC hopes on the line.

McCarron has the size/mobility/leadership qualities/ his arm is plenty strong enough to make all of the throws and I believe he has much room to improve as a pro. Because like all leaders he has a strong work ethic.

Hence McCarron #2 on Steel B's QB board.
A good objective analysis and not done with a preconceived idea of wanting McCarron to fail. McCarron has been outstanding when the game is on the the line. This is one of my the most important and critical evaluation considerations. This was also strongly evident in SEC Championship game against Georgia last year. Not only does he step up when the game is on the line, he doesn't make many mistakes, far less than his competition.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote