View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013   #2
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87576 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Coon's 1st Mock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coon View Post
It's much tougher than I thought it would be to sort out weaknesses for this team. Anyway here is my first mock of the year. I know some don't like McCarron but I do so be gentle.

Rd. 1: Taylor Lewan OT Michigan

Rd. 2: A.J. McCarron OB Alabama:
I would take McCarron with the first rounder if needed as I think he will be the best Qb in this draft. I know Iím in the minority there though. Just expect to see his name in all my mocks.

Rd. 3: Jackson Jeffcoat DE/OLB Texas: I have seen him play a few times and I think he is athletic enough for the transition. I would like to know what any die hard longhorn fans think about that.

Rd. 4: Shayne Skov ILB Stanford

Rd. 5: Carrington Byndom CB Texas

Rd. 6 Michael Dyer RB Louisville

Rd 7. Chris Whaley DT Texas
I like your first 4 but see Byndom more as a safety and would hesitate for that. Most expected him to step up after 2012 but not happening. Also, Skov is more of an in the box, shut the run with minimal skills in coverage. I am not necessarily against that as I have mocked Andrew Jackson in past but would prefer an ILB that can do both; see my mock with Smallwood in second. Skov really has cranked it up this season & hopefully has learned to stay away from "substances". Considered extremely intelligent kid.

As of today, McCarron can be had at our third unless you think he will rise a complete round? I would not argue that but asking your thoughts.