Thread: Tajh Boyd
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013   #39
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Tajh Boyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I wont get into the Boyd Vs McCarron debate ....

But I will state that I believe a large part of McCarron's success is because of the talent around him. He , to me , is a product of the system & talent around him.

He's got the best OL group in college football (arguably) along with lots of talent at RB , WR & TE.
The talent on his team , position by position is generally better than the talent of their opponents. He wont be afforded that luxury in the NFL where the great teams and the weakest teams are separated by very little in overall talent.

Its really difficult for me to gauge his stock because of that talent disparity. He has the #1 defense in the NCAA , other than A&M who put any pressure on them ?!

Good size , good arm , ~69% completion percentage but isn't asked to do much, isn't going to hurt defenses outside the pocket , never really tested.

What's his upside ?!
How would he do on Texans? HOF WR, 1st round Hopkins, Pro Bowler D. Brown, Foster and decent TEs. Seems like a very good fit.