View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013   #427
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lets make fun of them cowboys....

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
It just looks like he's being pissy. He's very emotional & passionate about this subject. He's actually being positive, even though it doesn't look like it.
Just as an insider view I thought this was pretty good. Guy from Lufkin. Agree in part. We will see in a year or two if he continues his journey to mature or turns into what most have already preconceived him to be.
And on a side note, most here that have read me over the years know, after 35-40 years as a Cowboy fan that I am not a homer. I'm not a fan of Jerry these days. I don't like Garrett. I ave called out many of their moves. I just don't see Dez as this thug that some say he is. I don't see drugs, alcohol or other issues. I see family issues that he must separate from. I don't like some of the antics but I think he much improved from the mall issues a couple of years back.

http://m.lufkindailynews.com/news/co....html?mode=jqm

Quote:
At the end of the season, after our tutorials the football player had asked me to help so he could try and qualify for a Division I football scholarship he and some of the other players Id tutored brought me a signed Panther cap. It was their way of saying thanks, and to this day that cap holds a place of honor in my home.

Years later, I ran into that young man at another Lufkin football game. He greeted me with a hug and asked if I was still tutoring at night.

I told Dez Bryant that no, Id moved over to Angelina College on a permanent basis, and invited him to another basketball game.

Yes, sir, Dez said before leaving me with another hug.

Thats the Dez Bryant I know. Hes the kid whos sent me Facebook messages just asking me how Im doing. Lord knows he doesnt need me any more, but he still takes the time to keep in touch