Thread: Tajh Boyd
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013   #33
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 61655 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Tajh Boyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
When you or anyone says things like bolded, you lose credit with me. McCarron makes all the throws and is extremely consistently good. You should read the following:

"In American football, a game manager is a quarterback who, despite relatively poor individual statistics such as passing yards and touchdowns, manages to perform well enough to win games.[1][2] Game managers often benefit from strong defense and rushing offense on their teams. The player is expected to not lose games with interceptions, fumbles, or poor decisions, particularly during important situations near the end of a game.[3][4]
The New York Times called it a "backhanded compliment".[5] The San Francisco Chronicle wrote, "As consolation ... Quarterbacks are called game managers only if they're winning."[6] The Associated Press opined, "But like any cliche, [game manager is] oversimplified". Former Indianapolis Colts president Bill Polian laughed, "Every quarterback is a game manager, it's what the job is all about."[1] College coach Nick Saban added that "I don't think you can be a good quarterback unless you're a really good game manager."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_manager

You would defend your opinion better if you stated a negative McCarron (or any player)has then offered facts to support.
Seriously? I've been on this board for years. Followed the draft since before if was popular. I remember scouring every magazine and newspaper I could get my hands on when I was in middle school just to read about draft eligible players. Yes that was before the internet. I don't need you to give me the definition of game manager. Hell I'm a texans fan. If anyone knows what a game manager is its a texans fan.

I have watched McCarren many times. The only thing special about him is his girlfriend. He's slightly better than McElroy arm strength wise. Other than that they are pretty much the same player. I could be wrong but I see his ceiling as a career backup in the NFL.